Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

March 1, 2010 To Expert at Just Answer. , I recently

Customer Question

March 1, 2010
To Expert at Just Answer. ,
I recently tried to download the Mac OS UPDATE "Mac OSv 10.6.2" and the
installation failed. I have tried to download the UPDATE Mac OSv 10.6.2 a total
of 9 different times since 5 weeks ago and the installation has failed every time
with notices such as "the installation failed" or "not recognized" or "corrupted"
as the reason for failure. A download always lasts 12 hours of time.
I own a new Apple Mac Pro computer with Mac OS 10.6.1 already on it.
I believe I need the new Mac OSv 10.6.2 on my computer because I have Logic Studio 9 and the new UPDATE for that - "Logic Pro 9.1" requires the new
OS 10.6.2.
Can you give me information to solve the problem of getting Mac OSv 10.6.2
downloaded correctly onto my computer?

Truly,
Stephen N. Fronheiser
e-mail :XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
telephone : XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

How did you downloaded it ? from Software Update ?

Edited by Ashik on 3/2/2010 at 6:35 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to download Mac OS 10.6.2, 9 times during the last 5 weeks. Many times from using Software Update , and many times from using Downloads Section > Apple Mac OS Updates from www.apple.com .
I downloaded Mac OS 10.6.1 completely successfully on the first attempt for it.
Truly,
Stephen N. Fronheiser
Customer
e-mail:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
So you already tried the 10.6.2 Update, but did you tried the 10.6.2 Combo Update ?If not, download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.2 Combo Update from here

If that didn't worked, create a new user account and install the Combo Update in there.

Create new user Account
  • Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences, and click Accounts.
  • If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type your administrator name and password.
  • Click the Add (+) button, located below the list of accounts, to create a new account.
  • Select a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu.
  • Now you can see some types of accounts in there; Administrator,Standard,Managed with Parental Controls, Sharing Only etc
  • Choose Administrator from it.
  • Enter a name for the account
  • Type the user’s password XXXXX the Password and Verify fields.
  • Click Create Account.
  • Now restart your Mac and log-in with that account and try combo update.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks