Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

I just bought a Mac Book Pro and I am trying to convert my

I just bought a Mac Book Pro and I am trying to convert my outlook 2003 emails over. however, my pc that contained all the outlook files crashed. I do have them backed up on a harddrive as a pst file but dont have the pc to convert them on anymore. Is there a way to convert the pst files on my mac and then upload them to entourage??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

The first thing to try is downloading Thunderbird. In some cases, you can use the import tool, and open the pst files. Then, you can export them from Thunderbird as mbox files, and open them in Mac Mail.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have additional questions regarding the issue.

Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
Wanted to check in and see if you had a chance to try the solution I recommended. Just let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, and if it did work, accepting the answer means I get paid, and is always appreciated!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey! thanks for the quick response.
I did download it and cant seem to import the files.

These are the options it gives me:
Select type of material to import:
Address book

The Mail settings only gives me three options :
Apple mail
Communicatior 4.x

Am i missing something??
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.
That trick doesn't always work, but it was worth a shot. It's very difficult to convert those files to any format the Mac can recognize, on a Mac. If you have access to a PC, you can use thunderbird on the PC, to open the files, then export them in mbox format to be opened on the Mac.

The only tool I'm aware of for converting the files from pst to mbox on the mac is fairly difficult to use. It requires that you do everything through a terminal window. Followthis link, and read the discussion and instructions.

If you feel up to doing it, go for it, and you should be taken care of.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I ended up getting the pc to work and converted the emails using o2m then opening them on the mac. Thanks for looking into it for me!