Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My child accidentally formatted my new 16GB iPod nano. What

Customer Question

My child accidentally formatted my new 16GB iPod nano. What can I do to repair/reprogram the iPod?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

HI,

Was the iPod connected to the computer when it was formatted or was it reset from the iPods menu?

If it was reset from iTunes can you tell me if your songs are still in the iTunes library?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There were no song, the iPod was blank what I appear to have lost is the entire menue.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

In that case can you open iTunes then connect the iPod to your computer and wait till it appears on the laft hand side.

When it appears can youthen click on it and you should then have a Restore button appear on the left hand side of the screen.

If you can select that and then allow the restore process to run it will reload the firmware back onto the iPod and once finished you should then be able to unplug it and use it like normal.

If that does not work or if you have any issues please let me know

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not work. I have now made an appointment at the Apple store in Fresno,Ca. Fasion Fair Mall.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

Ok,

In that case if you wish to stop I will have this question closed for you.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, please close my question. Thank you for your help sorry it did not work.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 4 years ago.

No worries,

Hopefully we can be of more help next time

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again Eric.