Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

HOW DO I COPY FILES FROM MY ITUNES LIST TO ANOTHER FOLDER.ALSO

HOW DO I COPY FILES FROM MY ITUNES LIST TO ANOTHER FOLDER.ALSO HOW DO I DELETE FILES FROM MY ITUNES LIST?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

So I understand correctly, you have several songs on iTunes which you wish to move to a folder on your computer and remove them completely from iTunes, correct?

Let me know.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES THAT IS CORRECT
Thanks for that info. Just wanted to make sure I didn't lead you in the wrong direction.

You can actually drag the songs right from the playlist onto your desktop. It will copy the song(s) highlighted to the point you dragged to (you can drop it onto a folder or open the folder first and drop it inside the window - your choice). Once that is complete, back in iTunes, the songs should still be highlighted. Right-click on any of the highlighted items and choose Delete. It will ask if you are sure and then if you wish to remove them from the hard drive as well. You will want to remove them (it removes them from the iTunes folder, not the ones you just dragged out).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHEN I RIGHT CLICK THEREIS NO DELETE SHOWING AND WHEN I CLICK COPY IT'S NOT SAYING WHERE IT IS COPIED TO.
No, you copy by dragging them. Click (left) and drag the item to the desktop or to a folder on your desktop. You will see it appear. I can make a video if you wish to watch it to better understand.

Let me know.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how to import music files from my folder to itunes
In iTunes, under the File menu, choose Add To Library... Navigate to the folder and just choose the folder (click on the folder and click Add). It will scan the folder and import any and all songs it can find inside that folder.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon