Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

Hello. I want to access a mac mini at work, over the internet,

Hello. I want to access a mac mini at work, over the internet, from my Macbook at home. Could you advise options for me?. I am not a computer geek, but have some knowledge . Thanks Ross
Chicken of VNC...Sorry
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Chicken of the VNC is an option but will require some port mapping which can be a little painful at times (especially if it doesn't work). I use a service called LogMeIn. It's software that you run on the computer you wish to connect to (your mac at work) and when you want to connect to it, just visit, login and choose the computer you wish to control. You can even control it from a Windows-based PC! It's a free service unless you wish to upgrade to Pro which allows you to print from your computer to the remote computer (work mac) or vice versa, transfer files, hear sound from the remote computer and a few other features. I highly recommend it as it doesn't need any port mapping done to use. You can read more about it below:

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,

Edited by BeBoo on 3/1/2010 at 11:54 PM EST