Jono, Apple Product Professional
Experience:  9 years of Apple Retail work and certification as an Apple Product Professional.

why is my mac book 10.4.11 all of a sudden running hot, and

why is my mac book 10.4.11 all of a sudden running hot, and then sometimes the fan comes on and then I cannot get it to wake up. I just checked the utilities and the activity monitor for anything that was running constantly and none of the percentages were high, so nothing seems to be running constantly.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jono replied 6 years ago.
Hi there!

Your macbook may be suffering from faulty overheating issues. If a MacBook overheats it will shut itself off and not turn on until it has cooled down. Make sure the Macbook is well ventilated and not on a blanket or surface like that. Also perhaps use one of those cooling stands. But ultimately, if it is getting very hot then there may be something physically faulty with it and you will need to get a technician at a local dealership to check it inside.

Best of luck!