Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an ipod Nano 4GB. Only use for audiobooks. Every time

I have an ipod Nano 4GB. Only use for audiobooks. Every time I plug it into computer to download books, then unplug Nano from computer to start listening, all the book listings disappear after I hit MENU, AUDIOBOOKS, and then hit the forward arrow for the listing. I downloaded all the books but can't play any of them. Can't even see them. I pushed the center button simultaneously with the Menu "button"and got the Apple, which I guess reset it. But that did not help.
Have nothing else on my nano. Just books.
Happens all the time. Have to schlepp to Apple Store where they just click buttons and get it to work, but can never explain what to do. Tired of having to go there.
Maddening. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

May be your iPod's OS is corrupted somehow, you can restore it with iTunes.

• Connect your iPod to your computer using the USB Cable
  • Open iTunes and it will automatically detect your iPod.
  • Select your iPod from the left column, under Devices tab.
  • Click on the Summary tab and click the Restore button.You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
  1. Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
  2. Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
  3. Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software available.
  4. Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software available.
  • Select the Restore option ( try Restore Option 1 first) that you want.
  • Once the restoration is completed, sync your iPod with iTunes and it will load your Audiobooks back to it.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks