Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i use cox hispeedinternet. my incoming email is pop.east.cox.net that

Customer Question

i use cox hispeedinternet.
my incoming email is pop.east.cox.net
that works.
my outgoing server is smtp.east.cox. net
somehow there is a smpt.east.cox net stuck in there that i can't get rid of. cox says they can't help.
can you?
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

Before I can assist you, I need you to please provide some information about what you have.

1) Are you using a Mac or a PC?

2) What version of the operating system are you using? Ex. Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Mac OS X version 10.5.8

3) What email program are you using?

4) Can you please describe what you mean by "stuck in there"?

Thanks and regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am using a Dell Pc, with Xp home edition, not a Mac. I use Cox hi speed internet as a server.

My incoming email is pop.east.cox. net. This works

My outgoing server is smtp.east.cox. net

Somehow the out-server is called smTP, not tp, and I can't get rid of it, altho smtp.east.cox.net is there and is apparently not functioning.

Cox says they don't support Mozilla for troubleshooting, so I approached Mozilla.

If you are unable to resolve this, I will cancel my current account and start over which will irritate me more than I cam say.

Thanks for your informationCustomer I think I'll be able to help you, but I still need to know which email program you're using please. Mozilla makes a few different ones and I don't want to make assumptions on how to properly assist. Once I have this information, it should be fairly straightforward getting you the help you need.

Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am using Mozilla Thunderbird for email. If there are variants of that I am not familiar with them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I finally figured it out and fixed it. C
I have requested that the moderators for this forum close your question. Glad to hear you were able to solve your own problem.

Regards,