loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

I am trying to burn an iDVD project by dragging over iMovie

I am trying to burn an iDVD project by dragging over iMovie files saved on my hard drive. Is that possible? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.

I would first export your saved project, then take the resulting files and burn using Disk Utility or Finder. What I prefer is to go into Finder and change the toolbar at the top. If you open the Finder window, then hold down Option+Command and click on the "pill" button at the top right hand corner of the Finder window, you will get an "advanced" window appear in front of Finder. Find the icon that looks like a biohazard symbol and click+drag it to the toolbar area at the top where you see the other buttons. Then, find your iMovie project, left-click once on the folder, then choose the Biohazard-looking icon at the top to burn to disc - assuming you have a disc in the drive, of course.

Please let me know whether this works for you or if you require further assistance with the aforementioned instructions. Also, if this did NOT work for you, please do NOT click Accept. Instead, reply with what went wrong or where you need help and we will work through it from there. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.