Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Lost my Google search bar for safari. How to retrieve it?

I've lost my Google Bar. How can I retrieve it?

Can you tell us what internet browser you are using, Is it Internet explorer, Firefox or something else?

Then can you tell us what version of windows you are using?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have an iMac, using Safari. I do not use Windows.

There are two ways to do this. Let's try the easiest first.

• Open up Safari.
  • Using the Safari menu, choose Reset Safari.
  • Click the Reset button in the window that appears.

Did the Google search box reappear?

Let me know. If this didn't work, we can just drag it back up there and I'll give you instructions on doing so.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I clicked reset Safari, but I was reluctant to put a check by anything but "clear history". I didn't want to lose most of the items listed on the Reset Safari window. Nothing changed and I still don't have my Google Bar.
What's next?

The other option is to reset your toolbar to the defaults. In Safari, use the View menu and choose Customize Toolbar. As shown below, grab the section near the bottom of the popup window and drag it to your address bar. You will notice that the cursor will change - it will have a green + next to it. When you see this, let's go and it should add the Google search box back.

Let me know if this works for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not clear on what you mean. I don't know what to grab at the bottom of the "Customize Toolbar" page. Can you give me more detailed instructions? Sorry to be so dense.
Please refer to this picture:

graphic
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm