MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I have an apple mac and want to make a document which I can

I have an apple mac and want to make a document which I can later email.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
font.f1 {font: 12.0px Helvetica} font.f2 {font: 14.0px Myriad Pro} Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Keeping the "About this Mac" window open, could you also provide me the model and processor speed of your Mac?

• Do you have a copy of Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 or 2008?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mac OS X version 10.6.2
processor 3.06 ghz intel core 2 DUO
dont know other answer
No problem and thanks for your reply.

Here are some options for you having a word processing document creation software
in order to create and attach to emails within your Mac system.

There is an application in your Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard system that is
one of the built-in applications which will enable you to create a document and send
it to its recipient, in a format that is readable in Microsoft Word on both Macs and PCs.

The application is called Text Edit, and you can find it in the Applications folder.
To access Text Edit, open a new Finder window, by clicking the Finder icon on your Dock.

graphic

Now click and open the Applications icon on the sidebar.

graphic

In the Applications folder, you can need to locate the Text Edit icon and double click to open it.

graphic

Although this application is a general text editor, for Mac OS X, when you make a new Text Edit document and then proceed to save it, as I mentioned earlier, you have
can save the document in a format that is readable in Microsoft Word for PC as well as Mac.

As you can see via the screen shot below, you can save it in Rich Text Format (.ref) which is a document format which can be read in both Macs and PCs.

graphic

So this is one way.

However, you also have an free open source Mac compatible Office application called Open Office which you can download for free and it will also allow you to make documents that are readable for PC and Mac and can also easily be emailed.

For more details on Open Office for Mac, simple click the link below:

Review and download OpenOffice.org Aqua for Intel

Make sure if you are interested in trying this nice application, to select the Open Office.org Aqua for Intel for your Mac.

Let me know if this information helps. If you have more questions please feel free to reply back to this post, as I am always very glad to assist.

Kindest Regards,

-Terry
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years