Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

iphone was working fine. went to make a phone call and the

iphone was working fine. went to make a phone call and the font on the screen was really large and the screen would not slide. so now i cannot put my security code in to get into the phone and fix it. settings were never touched. it just got very large
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like the software on the phone has become corrupted. If you connect the iPhone to your computer, is it recognized by iTunes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pat - the problem is that I am not at home with the mac that has iTunes. I guess I will have to wait until I get home later this week to test it. I was hoping that there was some way to cold start it that I was not thinking of. Can I contact you when I get back home and after I test it?
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
Try tapping the screen with 3 fingers to see if its using the accesibility zoom.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I tried Pat's suggestion and it did not work. When I hit the main button it goes back to normal for about a second and then the zoom problem resumes..
I tried Pat's suggestion and it did not work. When I hit the main button it goes back to normal for about a second and then the zoom problem resumes.
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure what has caused this error, but it may be the phone's built-in zoom feature. double-tapping with 3 fingers on the screen is supposed to zoom it back out, and you should be able to navigate around the screen by using 3 fingers to drag the screen. If you can get the phone unlocked (by using 3-fingers to navigate around the screen) you can go to Settings>General>Accesibility and turn "Zoom" off. If you can't get that to work, you'll need to connect the phone to iTunes and perform a "Restore" to reset the settings.
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments