Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

I was using Microsoft Word for Mac X when I tried to save and

I was using Microsoft Word for Mac X when I tried to save and close a document i had this message come up....

compile error can't find project of library. It does not allow me to close the file and all hell has broken loose. Can you help me fix this problem?

Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you running? Is the computer showing any other signs of problems? Is Word:X still open? Can you still see your document? Have you tried doing "Save As" and saving the document in a new location?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am using MAC OS X 10.5.8

NO other problems with computer

Just when I have been using MS word for last few days.

I can open any of the word docs but when I try to close any of them or save them

the "compile error can't find project or library" message comes on and it becomes a hassel to figure out how to close or save the doc
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Word for Mac :X was a terribly buggy product. I'm not sure what the error is here, but you probably need to reload Microsoft Office to fix it. While you're at it, consider upgrading to Office Mac 2008. Office 2008 is a great product and will be less likely to have these types of random glitches.