Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

i am trying to install office mac on my new desktop and it

i am trying to install office mac on my new desktop and it asks me for the user name and password XXXXX an administrators acct. i don't remember what these were when i installed this on my laptop.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Do you have your OS X installation disk nearby? You're going to need it to reset the password XXXXX your administrator account.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have a disk that says mac osx install dvd
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
You need to put that in your computer then restart the computer and hold the "c" key until you see the Apple Logo on the screen. This should boot the system installer. When it loads, choose your language, then click to the next screen. Then reset the password XXXXX one of these 3 methods, depending on which version of OS X your installer is:

Mac OS X v10.6 or later: Choose Password XXXXX from the Utilities menu.
Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.4: Choose Reset Password from the Utilities menu.
Mac OS X v10.3: Choose Reset Password from the Installer menu.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i put in cd and it has 2 options showing up. install mac osx or optional installs
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Restart the computer and hold down the "c" button. We need the computer to boot from the install disc and its currently booted from your hard drive.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
nothing happens when i hold the c button down. was i supposed to do that while the restart is going on or after
Expert:  Pat replied 7 years ago.
Put the disk in the drive and shut the computer down. Then power it up and immediately begin holding the "c" button. Keep holding it until you see the screen with the Apple logo.