Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

I seem to be installed, but i have not figure out how to register

I seem to be installed, but i have not figure out how to register or use , yet when checking the "Skype Info" screen it asked for my password XXXXX I guess accepted it. At the bottom of the "Skype" Info window are the following (they are all grey and cannot be selected! ):
you can: Read & Write Owner: drpfeiffer (there a lock along side this my name)
Access: Read and Write Group: Unknown Access: No Access Others: No Access
Just above the last line: Apply to enclosed items...
At the very bottom is a checked box [] followed by the words: Ignore ownership on this volume... I can uncheck the box [] but everything remains the same. Can you help me to be able to use Skype (to later, connect by cameras with my sons)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you running? What kind of Mac is this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have a Power Book G3.1 with Mac OS X 10.4.11
Processor: PowerPC G3
Memory: 640 MB SDRAM
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (83.0)
CPU Speed: 500 MHs
Memory: 640 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHs
Boot ROM Version: 4.1.8fS
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Skype does not list G3 processors as being compatible with this product. According to their website, you need an 800 MHz G4 processor or faster to use Skype. The problem might also be a configuration error, but given that your system does not appear in the compatible list, I don't believe that you can make it work. You could pick up a used G4 or G5 iMac for pretty cheap these days if you need a system to stay in contact with your friends and family.