Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I have been importing pictures to the I Photo from an external

I have been importing pictures to the I Photo from an external hard drive. It started imported last nite at 10:00 pm and tells me that it is still importing even tho I have unplugged the hard drive source. I am not able to use any of my other programs tho can get on the web. I don't want to lose the I photo program but dont' care about all the pictures so how can I get this to stop. I tried to right click and tell it to quit but that doesn't work. HELP
You need to force quit the program. Hit command-option-escape keys on your keyboard at the same time. You'll get a force quit box from which you can choose "iPhoto" and tell it to force the program to close. If that doesn't work, you'll have to restart the computer either by choosing "Restart" from the Apple menu or by holding the power button on the computer down until the computer shuts off. Then you can turn it back on. Hopefully your iPhoto files have not been corrupted.