Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I have a Macbook Pro & dont have the admin password so i can

I have a Macbook Pro & dont have the admin password XXXXX i can update.How do i get it, its NOT a stolen book only 4th owner and i forgot it.Mqahalo
Do you have any OS X install disks? What version of Mac OS are you currently running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i have none of the disks, im running 10.4.8
You might as well buy Snow Leopard. You can use that Disk to reset the password, or just reformat the drive and install everything from scratch. I'm afraid its very difficult to reset the password XXXXX an installation disk.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Im not to computer savy, what is Snow Lepoard and how much does it cost??approx.??
Snow Leopard is the newest version of OS X for Macintosh Computers. Your computer will benefit from increased performance and new features. The upgrade disc is $29 and you can find it at the Apple Store, Bestbuy, Fry's, or other online computer retailers. However, you should get the version that comes bundled with iLife since you don't have any discs of your own. If you ever plan on using iPhoto, Garage Band, iWeb, iMovie, or iDVD then get the "Mac Box Set" which is $169.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i understand you have answered my question but i never logged on to accepted button but i see you have deducted from my account either you remedy that first or we have a problem!!!!!!!
The money is transferred from your card to your JustAnswer account when you placed your deposit for the question. The money is still in your account and won't be transferred to me until and unless you click accept. The money can be refunded to you if you have elected not to pay me for my services if you request a refund.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the misunderstanding,you answered all my questions and with that i wil make an informative decision.I will hit accept button now and thanks again,i just didn't understand the system.Mahalo XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont understand how i can b charged twice for the only accepting one answer.I appologized earlier to pPat for charging my account before i hit the accept button.Pat wrote it only went into an account then when i accept it would be paid.I have 2 answers charged for $14. and should only have one.Please correct the mistake .I see 2 different # XXXXX i only hit one payment.Mahalo
I don't have access to your account, so I can't see which other question you might have accepted. I'll let our customer service people know that you only wanted to accept my question and you only wanted to accept one.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you again