Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I tried to open an HTML file with iWeb 09 (which didnt work),

I tried to open an HTML file with iWeb '09 (which didn't work), and now when I try to simply open the application, it keeps trying to open the HTML file, which still doesn't work. The only option I have is to cancel, which then quits the application! Aside from agreeing that this is ridiculous product design, could someone help me in figuring out how just launch the $*$(@ application?
Move the offending html file to a new directory, or put it on a flash drive and delete it from your computer. That way iWeb won't be able to find the broken file and shouldn't crash. Also, are you sure iWeb was working before you tried to open this file? When was the last time you used iWeb prior to this incident?