Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

Sirs, Im putting together a hands free Parrot,bluetooth,iphone

Sirs,

I'm putting together a hands free Parrot,bluetooth,iphone combination into my work
truck.Was wondering if there is away to add an extrenal anntena. Having trouble with background noise etc.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
There is no external antenna that I'm aware of, but it sounds like this may not be your issue. If your bluetooth connection were weak your headset would drop out, or most likely, disconnect completely from the iPhone. Background noise suggests that the microphone and/or noise cancelling circuitry in your bluetooth headset is inadequate for the environment in your truck. What model bluetooth headset are you using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the microphone is a small device that looks like a desk or hand held mike. It comes
from the parrot/ bluetooth box mounted on dash thru a wire to small mike localated
just above rear view mirror.The conversion i recieve comes thru trucks sound system
which works really well.
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
That microphone is kinda far from your mouth, so if the truck is noisy, its going to pick up a lot of background noise. I don't think an antenna will improve your system's performance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok then let me backup a stronger signel (antenna) is not the problem,then amplification
or voice quality from microphone is? If that being the case truck cab environment can't change or modify, headset not a disireable option, then that means the only thing
left is the mike.do you think we are going in right direction? If so what next
Expert:  Pat replied 4 years ago.
You definetly need to move the mic closer to your mouth or get a more directional microphone with better noise rejection capabilities.
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments