Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

forgot password mobile me. i no longer subscribe but need

I forgot my password XXXXX mobile me. i no longer subscribe but need the pwd for web DAV. my user name is dewygirl. can you help me?Cool
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

Are you getting Web-DEV window on your Mac frequently ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik. Where would I find what version of Mac OS X i'm using: as I said I think I'm using the newest one. I am getting the web DEV window when I try to eject a disc that I was trying to burn my music collection on for backup.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac". This should shows the Version number. Could you please give me the exact message that you are getting ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The version number is XXXXX Build 9L31a. Serial number W88511CT180.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Your Mac is trying to connect to the iDisk (part of .Mac/Mobile me service) , so that your Mac can access its contents. That's why the pop-up appearing for asking username and password XXXXX it is not accepting the username and password XXXXX your Mac doesn't know that it no longer exists.

Lets try two simple solutions.....
  • If you have a iDisk icon on your Mac, just drag it to the trash
  • Goto XXXXX (From Apple menu or dock) and select Mobile Me, then turn off/disable anything under iDisk or sign-out if you can see anything in there.

Let me know if thats works or not..

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I dragged the idisc from the hard drive into the trash and tried to empty the trash but it seemed that it wasn't there. also I went to mobile me in sys prefs and signed out of mobile me. I still cannot eject the disc I was trying to burn to back up my cd collection on itunes. anything i can do?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can eject the disk with the following ways....

• Restart your mac and immediately hold down the "eject" key on your keyboard untill the disc comes out.

OR

• Restart your mac and immediately hold down the left mouse button before the chime sound/grey screen appears. Keep it held down untill the disk comes out.

OR

• Restart the computer holding down the Option key. When the startup disk selection screen appears, let go of the option key and press the keyboard's eject button till the disk ejects.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc