loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

ITunes is dead in the water. I click on a song and nothing

Customer Question

ITunes is dead in the water. I click on a song and nothing happens. The indicator doesn't move.
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like you may have a corrupt instance of iTunes, but before we tinker with the application, please try to repair disk permissions first. Many times, having incorrect permissions prevents applications from responding properly. To launch Repair Disk, please go to Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility. Select Macintosh HD from the top left and click the Repair Disk button at lower right. This process takes anywhere from 10 minutes to hours depending on whether you've run this before and how fast your machine is.

Please reboot your Mac and try opening iTunes and playing a song or two. If you still have the problem, go to and download iTunes and reinstall over the top, then try again.

Please let me know whether this helped or if I can further assist.