Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

I have an issue with finding a server for podcast, I dont

I have an issue with finding a server for podcast, I don't even know what they are asking all I want to do is see my emails that need to be downloaded, like small video files. Quicktime needed more support material and it told me to put the aja software somewhere, I put it in my utilities folder and then in podcast now podcast wants a server and I have no idea what they are asking for? please help thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there. Welcome back to JustAnswer and thanks for requesting me.

I assume you are talking about Podcast Capture. After you have recorded a podcast, Podcast Capture requires a "Podcast Producer" server which will then process the podcast for uploading to a website. Podcast Producer can be found on Mac OS X Server. If you do not have a Mac OS X server available, you will have to find an alternative to using the Podcast Capture software such as ScreenFlow (if you want to do screencasting) or Ubercaster:

ScreenFlow - http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm
Übercaster - http://www.ubercaster.com/

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry you just spoke a completely foreign language, LOL, I have a mac OS X but I am not sure what you mean by server, what would the server be? Oh and yes I am talking about podcast capture, if you have an easier way for me to see my video emails please let me know
Sorry about that. Mac OS X Server is for businesses. It acts as a file server, mail server, etc. Not something you'd find in a house.

You can use Photo Booth to send video emails. It's very easy too. You can find Photo Booth in your Applications folder. Open it up and click the button near the bottom that looks like film:

graphic

Record your video as you wish. When you are done, click the stop button. You'll see a video appear under this area. Click once on the video, then click the Email button. It will put it into a new email for you.

Let me know if you have trouble with these directions.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok... thanks, XXXXX XXXXX don't want to make a video I want to watch a video from my email, you know when people send you stuff that has to be downloaded first then you click on it to watch it!! Well mine says that quicktime doesn't have the appropriate whatever to help it work. so I don't want to make a video i want to watch a video!
Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood! What is the name of the file that was sent to you in email so that I can find the appropriate software for you?

Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wmv or avi I am hoping that is all you need but just in case one of them was Evian Commercial.wmv, thank you so much for helping me brandon. I t just say that the movie is not in a format that quick time understands and that I may need to install additional software to open this type of file?
You'll need two things to watch these types of files.

First, you'll need Flip4Mac to watch the wmv file. You can get that here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

Secondly, you will need Perian for the AVI and any other formats other than Quicktime. You can get that here:

http://www.perian.org/

After installing these, reboot your mac and try to play them again.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thankyou, I'm sure I will be in touch