loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

Hi, I have installed Jack osx .85 on my intel mac book pro(2.53

Hi, I have installed Jack osx .85 on my intel mac book pro(2.53 Core 2 duo OSX10.5.8) and it crashes logic pro 8. I think I used the wrong version so I ran the uninstall program, in terminal. It seems to have uninstalled it because a finder search turns up no related files, however, when I try to install Jack osx .83 the installer says it can't install because a later version is already on my hard drive. Is there a system registry or some where I should look for residual files?

Thanks for your time,
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.
Hi John,

Nice name, I'm also John. 8^) To verify whether you truly have another instance of Jack already installed, try using the command line instead. Open Terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal. Type the following command and, when prompted, enter your password XXXXX you use when logging into your Mac:
sudo find / -iname '*jack*'

Keep in mind that, since you're now working directly with Unix, when typing your password, you won't see anything on the screen. This is "as designed". This should return results of where all Jack might be installed, if it still is.

Please let me know whether this helped or if I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help John. I did as you said and it showed no files. I tried some other possible names and nothing showed up. But I still get the error message when I try to install. Any suggestions ?

Ok, so find proves you really REALLY don't have Jack installed, yet it seems the new Jack installation is finding something (remnants or other wise) that's telling it something previous is hanging out.

Can you please provide the exact version you're trying to install, including the actual filename?