Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

we lost our computer due to a flood. we can not retrieve any

we lost our computer due to a flood. we can not retrieve any of our music from that c drive. Is there any way to download the music that is stored on the ipod to our new computer?
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Yep, you can recover the music from your ipod. Follow the steps below and you should be up and jammin shortly.

While connecting the iPod to the computer, hold down the Shift + Ctrl keys in Windows. This will stop the iPod from auto sync’ing with iTunes and the iPod will then appear in the source list. Wait about 30 seconds to be sure the iPod has mounted, and that it will not auto sync, then let go of the keys. Right click on the iPod icon in iTunes’ source column and select iPod Options, then check the box that says “Manually manage songs and playlists”. You can now manage your library without losing any songs on the iPod.

What I would first suggest is using a program to remove the music from the iPod to the computer. Then when you have all of the music on your new computer, resync the iPod to it. This should solve the problem.

I suggest sharepod. This is a program (free) that will allow you to copy the files from your iPod to your hard drive. The program is pretty self explanatory.

Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions.