Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

How do I detect where my employer has put a tracking software

Customer Question

How do I detect where my employer has put a tracking software on my iphone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
You can't really do anything unless you reset the phone to factory defaults and then don't try to sync it with your work computer. If you do that, you won't be able to use it for your work e-mail.

If you're worried about your employer tracking you when you're not at work, then turn the phone off or go to Settings>General and turn off "Location Services".
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In reading info on spy tracking it runs even if the phone is turned off or location services is deactived. How do I tell if they have put a hidden program on it.
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Its very unlikely that any software can work while the phone is off, especially if you place the phone in "airplane mode" as it would violate FCC and FAA rules if it did not. There's not really any way to tell if your employer placed something on your phone, I suppose you could ask them. Unless you work for the NSA, its probably illegal for your employer to monitor your whereabouts and conversations without at least informing you that they will be doing so. You might want to ask a question in the legal category about whether your employer is even allowed to do this.

If its that big of a concern, give them the phone back.