loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

my entourage 2008 worked well and last year our IT department

Customer Question

my entourage 2008 worked well and last year our IT department change the exchange server address....my Entourage has not connected since even though I updated the address
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

I'm John. Are there others in your office that are running the same version of Entourage? Are they able to successfully send/receive email? Perhaps the quickest way to get you back on your feet would be to have a look at their account settings relevant to the Exchange Server and mirror those settings within your own Entourage Account settings.

Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately I am the only one in our office with a MAC.......one of the issues might be with the root certificates as when I let the system set up the account automatically, it finds the correct address for the exchange server but it comes up with the following statement "Unable to establish secure connection to sleepcountry.ca because the correct root certificate is not installed."
Serge,

I see now. Ok, so here are some of my Entourage account settings for my own exchange server:

1) Open Entourage
2) Click Entourage at top left and choose Acount Settings
3) You should see three tabs with Mail highlighted. Double-click the account beneath the Mail tab that you've already setup
4) This is where yours may be different than mine so please keep this in mind as I mention what's setup. Under Account Settings tab, I have "Use my account information" bulleted with Account ID, Domain and Password XXXXX Save password... is checked
5) Under Server Information, I have the Exchange Server populated with the full name and "This DAV service requires..." is checked. Default DAV port 443 wasn't changed
6) Under the Options tab, I have "Receive complete messages" bulleted
7) Under Advanced tab, "Public folders server" is the same as Step 4, except with a /public at the end and "This DAV service requires..." is checked with 443 default left alone
8) In Directory Settings, I have my LDAP server populated with "This server requires me to log on" & "This LDAP server requires a secure connection" BOTH checked. "Override default..." is NOT checked
9) I have nothing in Search base and for Client Certificate-based Authentication, it says "<No certificate selected>"
10) Under the Delegate tab, I have nothing populated
11) Under Mail Security tab, in Digital Signing, I DO have a signed certificate issued by the Exchange folks in my IT department and the signing algorithm is SHA-1. I also have "Send digitally signed messages..." checked and nothing else is checked
12) Under Encryption (still within Mail Security), The encryption certificate is there, same as under Digital Signing, and Encrpytion algorithm is 3DES and "Encrypt outgoing messages..." is NOT checked

Again, I can't stress this enough - this is for my environment based on how the Exchange admin decided to setup the server credentials for folks like yourself to connect and send/receive email, along with performing auto-completed name lookups (LDAP settings and what not). This means they had to physically request a certificate and go through that process, then send this certificate to you to have Entourage use that cert. Kind of involved. So, again, you'll need to consult with your Exchange admin to verify what they have and have not set. The settings I mentioned to you have been verified by my own Exchange admin and deemed 100% accurate for the environment they've configured.

Hopefully this helps. Please keep me posted.

Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Once i get a signed certificate from IT i will let u know how it went.
Ok Sergey,

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,