loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.

how do i download the sims 2 double deluxe onto my mac

how do i download the sims 2 double deluxe onto my mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 6 years ago.

Typically, most applications/games etc that you'd like installed on your Mac are done by dragging the icon to your Applications folder. The way I do it is drag and hold over the Macintosh HD icon on my Desktop, then, as the Finder window automatically opens, drop it onto the Applications folder. This should be the same process for you. Have you tried this? If so, what happens if you attempt to double-click the Sims icon from the Applications directory?

It may be possible that you have incorrect disk permissions on your Mac. This can prevent applications from launching, among other things. To repair your disk permissions, open Macintosh HD -> open Applications -> open Utilities -> open Disk Utility. From the Disk Utility window, select Macintosh HD at top left, then choose Repair Disk from the lower right. This process can take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on a few things: whether you've done it before, how fast your computer/hard drive is, etc. I do this at least once every couple of months just to ensure smooth operation on my Mac.

Please let me know if this was helpful and whether I can be of further assistance.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I ran the repair on my computer and now when I drag it to the HD and put it in the applications folder. I double click on it and it brought up a bunch of different folders and when I double click on those it just pops up in the "preview" application. just the picture itself. when I put the cd into my computer a little icon pops up on the right hand side of my computer.. its a cd that says dvd on it and the title is Sims2DoubleDeluxe...

Also when I get this straightened out I want to put this program on an external hard drive that I bought today so I don't waste space on my mac HD.
Customer is there not an installer package or disk image when you open the disk? Any way you can send me a screenshot of what you see when you open the disk? To take a screenshot, press Cmd+Shift+3.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The cmd+shift+3 is not working....
It will appear as though nothing happened, but it has taken a screenshot. If you turn the volume up on your Mac, do you hear what sounds like a Camera taking a picture? Do a search on your Mac for recently created files ending with jpg or png or Picture* and you should see the screenshot. Screenshots start off with the title "Picture 1" and then Picture 2, and so forth.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Still not working.. When I double click on the icon, which the icon is literally a picture of a cd the the word DVD written on the bottom, the title is Sims2DoubleDeluxe. When I double click a window pops up. on the left it lists like devices, shared, places ect. to the right of that or in the middle of the screen it gives me a bunch of different folders to click on such as, autorun, autorun.exe, autorun.inf, autorungui.dil, base common_fileslist.txt, and when i click on those it will either open the folder or open the picture of what I clicked on into the preview icon as if I wanted to zoom in and out of the picture....
Based on what you've told me, it doesn't sound like you have the Mac version of Sims Deluxe. Please look at the box and verify it says it is compatible with the Mac.