Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I want to know if apple time capsule will backup a single mac

I want to know if apple time capsule will backup a single mac PC in multiple locations. My wife has a mac and time capsule at home and I want to have another time capsule located at our lake home as off site storage when she it there. Can 2 time capsule storage units do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
The short answer is, yes.
Since they are in separate locations both can be used.
As far as they are concerned it will make no difference, the thing is that they must be identical to the Mac, that way the Mac will use it no matter where it is.

There will be some differences between them because of when the backups took place and the only way to sync them is to backup to both on the same day.

If you try to sync them most any other way it can get very complicated.

I suggest using something like Carbonite if you wish to have it all stay in sync no matter where she is.