Jeff Micono
Jeff Micono, VMware Certified Professional
Experience:  20+ years with PCs, Macs, Linux
28398210

I am triing to get a2dp headset to wok on macbkpro late 2008

Customer Question

I am triing to get a2dp (jaybird jb 200) headset to work on macbookpro late 2008 model with windows 7(installed in boot camp), worked with xp before windows 7 upgrade, , cant get to work with windows 7, tried bluesolie, toshiba, broadcom bluetooth drivers none work. The headset works when I boot up in Mac OS, need correct bluetooth stack. In device manager shows bluetooth radio Icon with; Generic bluetooth adapter, and Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator. I did get it to display apple blue tooth, but had a code 10 and I deleted. I was able to sucessfully pair the headset once, but it still did not work
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jeff Micono replied 4 years ago.

If your WIndows 7 edition is Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, you may want to try and install WIndows XP Comparability Mode.

If you have Windows XP install disk and a license key, then download and install VMware Fusion and install Windows XP into a virtual machine.

Jeff
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I looking for the drivers (bluetoothstack) for the macbook pro 2008 late model, I dont want to have to run a VM to connect, I am looking to connect natively to windows 7, have ultimate edition

I understand. I thought the primary goal was to get the headset working with WIndows without constraint. I learn now that the solution needs to be constrained. Would you like me to opt out so another expert can help?

Jeff
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, mac-windows expert, I am already running vmware servers on my laptop and dont want to commit an OS for headset, need bluetooth a2dp stack
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the thought, but want I want to be able to do is use the headset for programs that have audio while running applications in my native OS.
Your grace and understanding is genuinely appreciated, and I hope is not lost on any other expert that attempts to offer you some assistance.

Have a nice day!

Jeff
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please release, Thanks