Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

im getting a new ipod,will i have any problems downloading

im getting a new ipod,will i have any problems downloading since everythings been going to an ipod with different serial #'s
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
Do you have the music on your computer or on your old ipod?

Have you attempted to restore the old iPod to factory settings, then trying to resync it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i did restore it , and now it says cannot sync to ipod. The last couple of weeks the ipod would just start skipping through songs.I was just going to buy a new one,but wondered if itunes would sync to the new one.
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
Yes, if the music is on your computer, and is loaded in iTunes, you will be able to load it onto as many iPods you have as long as you authorize them to sync to the computer. You will be asked to when you hook the iPod up for the first time.

If you do not have the music on your computer however, and it is only on the iPod, then you will not have access to the music to do so.

If you have further questions, please let me know. Hopefully this answered your question?

I would also recommend backing up your music. I usually keep a complete backup of my music and media on an external drive. If you do lose your music on your computer, you will not be able to redownload it from iTunes (if you go that route) unless you repurchase the music.