loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

I have a sno leopard with Quickbooks for Mac 2010. When i click

I have a sno leopard with Quickbooks for Mac 2010. When i click on the QB application, an error message pops up that says "QB 2010 has quit unexpectedly." I tried re-installing the software but the same thing happens when i click on the newly installed program. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

Without knowing more about your system and what you've done thus far, have you tried repairing your disk permissions? To do this, go to Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility and select Macintosh HD at top left. Click the Repair Disk button at lower right. The time it takes Repair Disk to complete depends on whether you've done this before and how fast your machine is. Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, but your mileage may vary.

Please let me know if this helped and whether I can provide further assistance.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After waiting all day for an answer I finally took my MacBook into a local retailer that specializes in Macs. They entered the error message (which contained a long line of letters, symbols and numbers) into the Help bar and found their answer there, which was to go to the Apple symbol in the upper left corner and load new software updates for Quickbooks. Once this was done, the problem was solved. In my opinion, it's a very strange software reaction to the simple need of updated software, but that's technology for ya, I guess!
HiCustomer

Glad to hear you were able to finally find a resolution.

Regards,
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.