loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
24048999

Hi, I wonder if you could help me by explaining how I could

Customer Question

Hi, I wonder if you could help me by explaining how I could pair my iphone 3Gs to a device in my car called uconnect. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  loadedmind replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

It appears that U-Connect uses Bluetooth technology to pair to the iPhone. The concept of connectivity is somewhat similar to wireless connectivity, such as when using a laptop and a wireless router at the house. The difference here is that bluetooth typically stops working when both devices (U-connect & iPhone) leave each other for distances greater than 30ft usually. This is the theoretical max distance supported by Bluetooth, although your mileage may vary.

Please use the following instructions to pair your iPhone with the U-Connect device:

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth and slide it to "On". Once you have done so, you should see "Devices" with a circular progress meter to the right of it and, beneath it, you should eventually see the U-Connect device. Press this name for the U-connect device and follow the instructions from your U-connect manual to ensure all expected functionality is present.

From researching U-Connect, it appears that the vendors who have supplied this product have some bugs to work out as others have reported issues with syncing between it and their iPhone. Again, your mileage may vary. Within the instructions for the U-connect device, you should see any further details that may be required for the pairing to be successful, i.e. default password, etc.

Please let me know whether this helped or if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Several years experience as consultant, corporate I.T. & sysadmin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi John, thank you very much for the explanation. It's clear enough. Only thing is: if a default password XXXXX XXXXX how or where do I find it? Thanks again
HiCustomer

I'm guessing that this U-Connect device is in your vehicle? If so, your Owner's Manual or other relevant documentation in, perhaps, your glove box should contain information relevant to U-Connect. If you have no such information, I would contact the dealer you purchased the vehicle from and request a manual or perhaps an online resource. I found the following manual (warning, this will automatically launch the default pdf viewer on your computer):
http://www.dodge.com/download/pdf/manuals/2009-Caravan-1st.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks John. This is very helpful. thanks
My pleasure. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help you again.