Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My 2 year old climbed up to the keyboard and pressed a group

Customer Question

My 2 year old climbed up to the keyboard and pressed a group of keys which resulted in the screen becoming somewhat magnified and the entire screen moves when I move the cursor? What can I do other than go back to factory settings since I do not wish to wipe my hard drive. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

You 2 year old just discovered the Zoom feature of your Mac, you can easily turn it off without any factory reset.

Command (Apple) + Option + Minus key "-" (to decrease screen size) or Press Command + Option + 8 to turn off the zoom.

You can also turn off the zoom by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Universal Access. Under "Seeing" tab, turn off the zoom

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you it worked the only problem is that the screen now has two black bars on the side of the screen so that I can't see the entire screen. Please let me know if you can help me with this last problem and I will accept and not keep bothering you. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
hmm..thats strange. Could you please give a screenshot of your Mac's screen (Taking screenshot is easy, Press Command(Apple) + Shift + 3. This should create a screenshot into desktop. Then upload that screenshot into rapidshare.com and post the download links here. (How to upload to rapidshare.com))?