Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My cursor wont stop spinning. I am in the middle of writing

Customer Question

My cursor wont stop spinning. I am in the middle of writing a word document that has NOT been saved!!! How do I keep this document and its content and stop the cursor from spinning and get the program running again?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• In Word, if you have not saved the document prior to this issue, unfortunately there is no way to retrieve it.

• The only thing I can do to help you, so you can at least see the document afterwords before you have to Force Quit Word, is to take what we call a screen shot (picture of Desktop or selected region of Desktop), so you can at least have a picture of the wording of your document if you don't want to lose the information in the document.

The only problem with this however, is a screen shot can only take a picture of the page of the document that you currently have up.

If your document has more than one page, the screenshot process will not help.

• is your document more than one page? If so, would you like me to provide steps for you to take a screen shot of that document so you can at least copy the wording to a new Word document once you Force Quit and relaunch Word?

Please let me know and I will be glad to help as much as I can. I do apologize for being a bearer of unfortunate facts, but being an experienced Word user myself, I have had my share of these occurrences, so I do understand.

I will wait for your reply. Thanks.

Regards,

-Terry