iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

Im working on a word document, I must have pushed several

Customer Question

I'm working on a word document, I must have pushed several keys at once by mistake because here is a multicolored wheel that wont go away and I can't do anything with the document while it's working. I pushed the ESC button, but it won't stop. How do I tell the computer to stop working on what ever command it thinks I want?
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 4 years ago.
Hi ,
I would like to assist your with this .

Please can reply and provide me full details of the computer , OSX version , Mac model number , part number , age , any additional extras like memory that was installed and the screen size of the imac or laptop if possible.

I need to know exactly what Mac you are using?

You can collect much of this info on the Mac via the Apple menu , About this Mac , More info .

A:

It seems the Word application has crashed , you can see if the Application has crashed by pressing this combination of keys :-

Apple or clover leaf , alt + escape in one key stroke.

Crashed or busy Applications will be stated as "not responding"

If time has passed and the Application is still "not responding " it it likely that it will not recover . You can also see more information within the Activity monitor , found in Application / utilities folder on your Mac HD.

Use the Force quit options to quit the program selected in the list .

You will in most cases loose your open document and work within the application you force quit , in this case "Word ".

I would recommend you update your Word or Microsoft office to the latest version or using iwork as an alternative save as Word document files if needed .

I hope this helps.

Thanks .