Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

How do I format my imac, it had tiger preinstalled and I dont

How do I format my imac, it had tiger preinstalled and I don't have the disks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomerand thanks for using justanswer.com

You can try to delete your preference files for both apple mail and itunes which will fix the issue. Deleting the mail preference file will require you to setup your mail accounts again.

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock. Click on Go at the very top and Choose Home

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences. Move the file com.apple.mail.plist and com.apple.itunes.plist to the desktop. Both programs should now open

If you want to wipe your disk and start fresh. Below are directions to completely wipe your disk using the Snow Leopard disks. WARNING, the below directions will erase everything on your hard drive.

1 Insert the Mac OS X installation disc, and then double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
2 In the Installer, click Utilities, and then click Restart.
3 When the Language Chooser appears, select your language, and then click the
Continue button (looks like an arrow).
4 Choose Utilities > Disk Utility.
5 Select your disk from the list on the left, and then click the Erase tab.
6 Select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format pop-up menu, type a name for your disk, and then click Erase.
After the disk has been erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility, and then follow the instructions in the Mac OS X Installer to reinstall Mac OS X.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Moving those files seems to have worked for my mail but itunes still not working. when you try to open it it says that itune quit unexpectedly.

thanks
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Great glad that work. I would try to re-create your itunes library and playlists. They have a nice how to here. You will not have to re-import your music with this solution.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

The next option would be to create a new itunes library. Hold down the option key on the keyboard and open itunes. Click create library.

Let me know if either work for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tom you are wonderful, don't tell my husband but I think I love you.lol. Thanks so much.