Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

my iphone 3g went dead and wont recharge, what should I d

my iphone 3g went dead and won't recharge, what should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is Brandon! Please click the "Accept" button only if you feel I should get paid for my answer(s). If you feel I have done a good job and wish to give me a Bonus, that is much appreciated! :)

The cause of not charging could be one of many things -

First, the contacts themselves could be dirty. Try blowing really hard at the contacts or use a can of compressed air.

Secondly, it could be the cable or the wall adapter. Try plugging the iPhone directly into your computer and let it sit for awhile.

Thirdly, it could be just an extremely dead iPhone. You should let it sit for at least 12 hours or so (like overnight).

Try a few of these first. If these don't work, you might need to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. You can find the closest one here:

http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon