Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

My computer seems to have reset itself. My entourage is acting

Customer Question

My computer seems to have reset itself. My entourage is acting as if I am a new client. No addresses are there, they have all been erased and my iphotos are all gone. What could it be and how can I fix it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Perhaps you are logged in as a different user, its very unlikely that the computer got reset to defaults unless somebody came in and erased everything. Open "System Preferences" and click on "Accounts" do you see more than 1 account listed there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We were transferring info to an external hard drive and when done erased all the info that was no longer needed on the computer and I would like to find out how to recover deleted files. Whether it be from the hard drive or the computer.