Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

Hello from Excel 2007 user I have a Excel file that regularly

Customer Question

Hello from Excel 2007 user I have a Excel file that regularly comes in a certain format. What I need to know is how to reformat the file into my own Excel file. Ideally it needs to be fast, simple and have the ability to store the mapping data fro that particular Excel. We have lots of customers who send us excel files and they all need to be reformatted regularly into my spreadsheet.

I must stress this Job will be given to a non technical person, it must be as easy as selecting the Excel(Probbaly listed as customer), clic in import and this generates a new excel file into the new format (my excel)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
I'm a little unclear here, are you trying to take the data from a customer's excel sheet and move it into an entirely new sheet with cells that are formatted differently? Why can't your customers input the data in the way that you plan on using it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes moving the customer data to our pre-set excel with columns that are formatted....Our system needs the data in a certain order

The customer wont move there spreadsheet formats
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
You'll either have to write specific macros for each customer's spreadsheet formatting to convert it to your format or have someone manually do it. This person doesn't really need to be a computer expert, they would just need to know which columns to copy/paste from and to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your answer