Travis, Mac-Trained Product Designer
Experience:  19+ Years of Mac Experience, BSA in Design and 6 Years of Mac Training from University of Cincinnati

I cant unfreeze my iphone even after trying everything thats

Customer Question

I can't unfreeze my iphone even after trying everything that's posted on the web,any ideas? Caryn.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
If the following suggestions work, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

When you say you can't "unfreeze" your iPhone, what do you mean? What is the iPhone doing? Is it on and stuck, or you can't get it to turn on?

A reset may be all that is needed.

To reset the iPhone, hold in the Home button at the bottom and the Sleep/Wake button at the top until you see the Apple Logo appear. DO NOT RELEASE them when you see the red slider... keep holding them until the logo appears, then release them.

Try the phone after it finishes booting back up. If it doesn't work or you've already tried this hard reset, let me know and we'll dig deeper into the problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried the holding buttons until the apple icon shows but still nothing,I have updated the latest software but still nothing,my phone is charging and 'marrying' my computer but still no response to 'touch'.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My phone isn't responding to touch only.I downloaded all of my photos to my new computer and also upgraded apple itunes which re-booted and restarted my iphone but the handset still won't respond,i'm more than happy to pay for your service if only you can please help me,all of my data is on my phone. Please help,Caryn,x.The device also charges normally.
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
Ok, if the touch screen is not responding but you do have access to the phone via the computer, I would say you pull everything off of the phone you can. More than likely, this is a hardware failure and the phone will have to be serviced or replaced. However, you can first try to restore the iPhone to Factory Defaults. This may correct the problem, but you will also in the process, lose all of your data on the phone. That's why I would back up everything first.

To restore to factory settings:

1) Make sure the iPhone is off. (If it is on, hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider.)
2) Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.
3) Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t already.
4) Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.
5) iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.
6) You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.
7) Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory.

If the problem perists after this restore, then it is a hardware issue not a software issue. The phone would then need to be serviced or replaced.
Expert:  Travis replied 6 years ago.
Were you able to unlock your iPhone? I just wanted to follow up and make sure you are on your way to recovery...