Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

When I attempt to open my gmail account to get to my emails,

When I attempt to open my gmail account to get to my emails, the MAC kaleidescope starts twirling and the "loading" icon continuously is active. I cannot access the incoming emails, cannot send out any emails. I have to force quite to completely shut down in order to get to Safari. Help please
Try resetting Safari by choosing "Reset Safari" from this menu:

If that doesn't work, please let me know what version of OS X you have and what version of Safari you are running.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Your suggestion didn't solve the problem. What boxes do I check when I go to reset Safari? I attempted to go the the gmail icon to open up my emails and that crazy MAC kaleidescope just keeps on twirling and still cannot open any of the incoming emails.
I would check all the boxes to make sure I got a clean slate in Safari. What version of Mac OS X are you running? Do you have any other web browsers installed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a MAC OSX Version 10.4.11 imac5.2 and I think the only web browser is Safari - don't know how to find if any other browsers are installed
Let's try installing a different one to see if that gets you in. Go to and download "Firefox". After you install it, open that and try to log in to gmail.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unbelievable, I attempted to follow the instructions to download "Firefox" and have managed to screw that up. I followed the steps, it's now in the applications and attempted to drag it to my icon bar and cannot do that according to the instructions. So, attempted to open Firefox from the applications screen, which takes me forever to find, and nothing happens. I give up - I hate friggin computers when cannot figure it out - just don't have the mind capability to do things right when it comes to this stuff. I just want to scream, want to not spend hours screwing around with this MAC
There's a feature of OS X called "spotlight". It allows you to quickly find and launch anything on your computer so that you don't have to dig around in the applications folder. You can access it anytime by clicking on the magifiying glass at the top right of your screen. Then just type whatever it is you are looking for. In this case, firefox. It will find it and you just click on it to launch it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for your help, I am now finally up and running with the email. What do I do with the Safari icon on the tool bar? Everything has been transferred to Firefox already