Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments

Hello...I just purchased a Mac Pro X v10.6 and installed Pro

Hello...I just purchased a Mac Pro X v10.6 and installed Pro Tools LE 8.03...previously I had recorded a number of Pro Tools sessions on my iMac X v10.4.11 with Pro Tools LE 7.3...on those earlier sessions, I used AmpliTube 1.0 (purchased in 2008) for guitar plug-in effects...after transferring the old sessions to the new Mac Pro and Pro Tools 8.03, the AmpliTube plug-in isn't recognized (it's greyed out)...can I upgrade the AmpliTube 1.0 so that it works with the new Mac Pro / Pro Tools system?

I used to manage a Protools HD system in one of my old jobs. It sounds as if you'll have to upgrade to Amplitube 2. I checked their website and it looks like they offer a "crossgrade" price of $229 which is available to anyone who is a registered owner of any IK Multimedia products. You can download a free 10-day demo of it on their website to make sure it will work with your setup before buying.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know whether or not the AmpliTube 2 is compatible with Pro Tools 8.03? I'd hate to spend the money and not have it work!

Download the demo and try it. Most plugin manufacturers will give you a demo period to try it out before you buy. Follow this link:

You must use your e-mail address that is associated with your iLok key in order for the demo to work.