Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I currently have a Mac with OSX Version 10.5.8. It is hooked

Customer Question

I currently have a Mac with OSX Version 10.5.8. It is hooked to the internet through a DSL modem, but it has wireless capabilities. I bought an Airport and have tried following the instructions, but I am getting an XXXXX XXXXXght that will never go green. I tried calling my internet provider and we walked through the settings, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
Can you Mac 'see' the Airport?
That XXXXX XXXXXght means that the modem is not giving the Airport an IP address.
Leave the Airport powered up and unpower the modem for about 30 seconds then power it back up.
This will force a reset of the modem and make it search for something to give an IP address to which will be the Airport.
Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried that and it didn't work. Went back, reread the manual and just tried a few things. Not sure what I did, but I got it going.

I do have a new Macbook, so I will likely have questions for you on it, so I'm certain you will hear from me again.

It's great to have a service like this...can I request you for next time?
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.
You can indeed request me if you like.
I have found that reading the instructions after trying everything else works for me.
Glad to have been of assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sounds good...I am bookmarking for future use. Thanks, Dan!
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.