MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

My printer wont print. I have an Mac OS X 10.4.11 It was

My printer won't print. I have an Mac OS X 10.4.11

It was printing just fine with HP Deskjet D2360. Now that has disappeared and when I try to bring it back a message says MacIntosh System Error (-1409). How do I get it to print again?

Diane
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• There may be an issue with your HP printer driver, which is what enables your printer to be able to print.

So for starters, I recommend you reinstall the most current HP Printer driver for Mac OS X 10.4.

HP Deskjet D2360

To process this printer drive update, just follow the details per HP's link I have provided above for you.

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to the link HP deskjet D2360 and in the middle of the install it says it has the computer has found and HP application and I should quit all HP applications before it will install. I don't know how to do that. I've turned off the printer.
Thanks for the update, not a problem.

What you need to do is close all applications that you see that are open and then restart your Mac by clicking on the Apple menu icon and selecting Restart.

As your Mac is rebooting, turn off your HP Deskjet D2360.
• Disconnect the USB printer cable from your Mac.
• Once you are back up to your desktop, reinstall the printer update once again.
• Follow the prompts until the printer setup assistant, asks for you to make sure your printer is connected and turned on.
• You should be able to complete the installation of this printer driver process.

Once you are completed with the driver update, then proceed to perform a test print.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for your patience, I will be watching for your reply.

-Terry
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years