Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am 59,been out of school for sometime, myophic, left handed

I am 59,been out of school for sometime, myophic, left handed and can get to here. I am the proud owner of an allumium framed 24" iMac ( Matshita DVD-R , UJ-85j, 10.6.2 with the new Snow Leopard installed a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Z Duo, 3 Gb 667 Mhz DDR2 SDram, ls 4 mb, 3 GB memory, Bus Speed 800 mhz, SMC Version 1.21 F4, Firmware revision FMOS Apple shipping drive for Burn Support DVD- Write) the laptop on a stick is what 6 years old ? What easy to use tutorial programs are out there that will enable me to burn disks, pull video files, write graphis ...essentially create a You Tube video of my own to transport it from a to b..would (and if so a) _____for Dummies, be recommended or tutorial disk I don't know about be your suggestion. It's frustrating having this tool and I think enough smarts but not getting that use of it. is the I Life program worth it ?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I think that you would have a lot of fun with HandBrake for ripping video.
This for burning Roxio - Toast 10 Titanium Family various things.
iLife is worth the money for many reasons but for making movies I recommend this Download iMovie HD (free).
You have a nice machine that will do all sorts of things with the tools above.
I also recommend this utility to keep it all running smoothly.
That should keep you happy for a while.