Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I am setting up a new Macbook Pro 17 in. Connected to my old

Customer Question

I am setting up a new Macbook Pro 17 in. Connected to my old iMac (not intel) and attempted to migrate just the network settings. Connected 6 pin to 9 pin firewire. Restarted the iMac with T held down til firewire icon indicated. It is taking a very long time and I cannot see any progress indicated. Shouls I cancel and retry this. If so how do I safely do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Just turn off your iMac by holding down teh power button for 10+ seconds. Make sure your held down the T key at the right time i.e immediately after you hear the chime sound.

(only click accept after it worked)

Best Regards,