MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

is there a way to retrieve an email a i sent

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 4 years ago.
font.f1 {font: 12.0px Helvetica} font.f2 {font: 14.0px Myriad Pro} Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are you accessing your email through a web browser?

• Or do you use an email client ? (i.e. Mac OS X Mail, Thunderbird 2, AOL Desktop for Mac 1.5, Entourage, etc)

• Without providing your email* what is the name of your email service? (i.e. Mac/MobileMe, Gmail, AOL, Comcast, Verizon, AOL, etc)
* (we would not be able to see it via these posts, because JustAnswer.com will block your email from being viewed for your privacy)

•What is the name of your ISP? (Internet Service Provider)

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
mac 10.5.8
firefox
gmail
ATT
I need to know if there is a way to recall em email...I know that gmail has an undo button, but only ofr 5 sec after you sent the email...
Thanks for your reply.

So if I understand your request, in essence what you are trying to do is "Unsend" your email that you just sent off, correct?

-Terry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unsend or recall - I want to know if there is a posibility to do this?
Thanks for confirming that question for me.

An unsending function for emails that have been sent, is not a very common feature in most email application or service.

Such email service which can allow you to unsend (or destroy) emails after you have sent them, are more of a customized service that you can more than likely access as a web based service. Now there are a few email services like AOL, I believe which can allow you to unsend emails you have sent, but again most of the email client services that do offer this feature or custom and more than likely paid services as well.

There is one web-based service I do know of however, called Big String, which will allow you to send emails and then edit and I belive can expire (remove) that email once it is sent.

Here is the link the pros and cons of Big String you can review if you are interest. It is pretty good in the sense that it will allow you to certify your emails as well as edit and expire them, plus a few more features. So take a look for yourself and try it if you like after all it is free and starts provided with 2GB of storage...

About BigString.com (As explained from about.com)

BigString.com (Official Website- be sure to check out details about service under "Features")

So please feel free to let me know if this helps. I will be here and glad to continue to assist if you need additonal assistance or have questions regarding the information I have provided to aid you with your question

Thanks for your patience, I await your update.

-Terry