Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

i have mixed permissions throughout my shared folder. How can

i have mixed permissions throughout my shared folder. How can i set all the permissions to everything in the folders and subfolders to the same permission all at once? I have alot of files in the shared folder that gives the wrong permissions.

First, make sure the permissions are correct on the Mac and then we will work down from there.

Go to your Utilities Folder (in the Applications folder) and open Disk Utility.
In here, click on First Aid tab on right side and then on Repair Permissions.

It takes a long time on some Macs… Be Patient Grasshopper. It will finish.

When done, go back to that folder and examine the Permissions again. Have they changed at all?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nope that didnt work, is there a way to select a group of files and in a couple of clicks change all of the prermissions at once?

I just tried that. It just opens several Get Info windows.

I wonder if something like BatchMOD would work here. It allows you to select a group and it changes the permissions on all in that group to what you specify.

Try that. If it does not work, we could explore Terminal options, but that's another story.