Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience

How do I make address labels on my IMac I cannot find te

Customer Question

How do I make address labels on my IMac? I cannot find templates.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

No worries, we'll get you set up. First off, a browser simply refers to any program you use to browse the web, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. Making Address Labels is easy, once you get all your contact information into the Address Book program, located in your Application folder, or located on your dock at the bottom of the screen(it's the icon that looks like a brown address book with a "@" on the cover). Did you have your contacts organized in any particular program before, or were you going to start fresh entering your contacts?

If you're starting fresh, simply open Address Book by clicking it's icon on your dock, or double clicking it's icon in your Applications folder. Once it's open, click the second "+" button from the left on the bottom of the window to start entering contacts. Once you've got some contacts entered, go to the File menu at the top of the screen and select Print. The screen that comes up will let you print address labels and envelopes.

You should see a preview on the left of what your labels will look like. If all you see is the name of your printer and a "Presets" menu, then you'll need to click the blue button with a triangle in the center, that sits to the left of the name of your Printer. Once you see the preview on the left, and your options, you can choose whether you want to print Mailing Labels or Envelopes from the "Style" option that's about half-way down the print window.

Let me know if you've gotten this far, and if you're comfortable with everything you're seeing.