Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Hi, I hade to move form a Mac mini to a new iMac, and would

Customer Question

Hi, I hade to move form a Mac mini to a new iMac, and would like to keep some data from the windows system installed there. How to us a winclone image in Parallel Desktop?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jesse replied 6 years ago.

I believe you're saying you had windows on a Boot Camp partition on the old computer, and would like to use the image you created of that with Winclone, as the basis for a virtual machine in Parallels. If this is the case, your best option is to go into your Windows partition on the old machine, and download Parallels Transporter from here:

This program will duplicate your Windows system in a file structure that can then be imported into the Parallels Desktop program running on your Mac. Hope that helps, let me know if that works, and if you need additional assistance.

Edited by Jesse on 1/2/2010 at 5:49 AM EST